Friday, September 16, 2011

It's been a long hot summer! I have completed two more quilt tops. One is a pattern I designed and I named it "Kyleigh" for my oldest granddaughter who will be 10 this month. I used the Amy Butler "Soul Blossoms" collection. The other is a quilt top I made at a quilt retreat last month. It was made using a jelly roll from the Arcadia collection by Sanae. Hope to get both quilted next month. Might learn to machine quilt on my brother sewing machine. I've watched several u=-tube videos and I think I can do it. If I can use a longarm machine, surely I can do a small quilt on my machine at home, right? Also, I am working on a design for my grandson, Cohen. And then, I will work on one for Abby. Thank goodness for EQ6..it helps with designing quilts. I am glad I can spend time sewing, it helps me get thru the days when my health prevents me from tackling much of anything else.






Once a month, at the local quilt shop, I lead a group of about 25 women in a scrap club. Each month I provide them with a quilt pattern, a scrap fabric project, newletter with tips, upcoming shows, etc. and a recipe. We have a great time with a show and share segment and lots of good food together. After lunch, we sit and sew on our projects and brainstorm new ideas with each other...It's a great group of ladies and spending time with quilting friends is like drinking a good cold glass of iced tea on a hot summer day! Yum, yum!



On another note, I have been teaching a group of ladies how to sew. One of these gals did not have a sewing machine last month and when we met last week, she had purchased a new machine and was eager to learn how to use it. We made cosmetic bags with zippers and a composition notebook cover. Everyone was excited to leave with a finished project.



As soon as I figure out how to get camera photos in my computer, I will post photos.



A week ago, I went to a quilt shop in New Braunfels where my daughter leads a group for a purse party. All six of us left with a finished purse, a Heather Bailey Smart Bag. Fun, Fun, Fun!




We meet again next month and will make a pruse using grommets. Can't wait to see how they look.




Working on several gift bags made from fat quarters for a group of little munchins who are having birthday celebrations this month.






Gotta run! Need to start packing for my trip to see Abby. She has a surprise for me! I wonder what it is..Shhh- I have a surprise for her too!



Pray for rain...



Happy quilting!



Love, TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails